Welcome to SCS open link
SCS open link is an open motor feedback interface for motor – drive communication. In the first place, it is intended for high-performant and bi-directional data exchange, as for example encoder position data.
Utilizing RS485 as transmission standard, SCS open link enables simple, cost-efficient but yet a reliable device interface up tp 100m transmission distance. The interface protocol is suitable for use in functional safety systems up to SIL3 level.
Freely accessible by a transparent licensing model, the upcoming new market standard provides the reliability of standardized device interoperability which slave-devices have to prove in a standard conformance test.
SCS open link. Open standardized. Reliable performant.
- Single Cable Solution
- 2 or 4 wires
- High-performant communication in real time
- Functional safety
- Proven standard
- Open, non-proprietary protocol
- Based on Hengstler ACURO®link
- Functional safety, suitable up to SIL3 / PLe level
- Ideal for condition monitoring and other sensor applications
- Protocol focus on motor feedback applications